Swimming Pool Construction Northern Florida

Friday, April 17, 2009

Design Partnership Featured


Recently, I was contacted by an editor for Pool and Spa Living asking if they could feature a particular pool on the final page of their Buyer's Guide 2009. Obviously, PBJC felt honored to receive this request and agreed - however, there was one stipulation: they must give credit to my friend for the origional concept.

Quite a few years ago, I became friends with another pool designer Michele Sherman from Essig Pools in Miami. We admired each others professionalism, creativity and most importantly Love for pools and the people who use them. Over the years we have followed each other's careers and designs.

This is the reason I quickly recognized a picture one of my customers presented to me as something he wanted. This was Michele's Signature design

After meeting with the client, we developed a North Florida / Jacksonville take off on the pool. We used a clay Bullnose Coping, an aqua color Pebble interior, created a large Beach entry and added a fountain of 2 cranes standing on the Vanishing Edge. It was fun to take a design and add to it in such a way that the origional designer approved!

I have never submitted this pool for an Award, out of respect for Michele - and this article gave us a great opportunity to honor her. Thank you for the chance!