Swimming Pool Construction Northern Florida

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PBJC Story - 20th Anniversary!

As Pools by John Clarkson celebrates our 20th Anniversary, we wanted to let everyone know how it all began:

The PBJC Story
Imagine…you, the president of a respected company-a company you've spent over twenty years working your way up-now earning a six-figure salary and enjoying great job security. You are in your low forties with a lovely wife and three young children, all of whom depend on you as the financial provider. Would you have the courage to walk away from the company? The position? The money? Would you have the courage to leave the security and start all over?
In 1989, John Clarkson left his employer and his well-earned security for a humble office space backed by his family's life savings. That winter, on the heels of financial uncertainty, Pools by John Clarkson (PBJC) opened for business.
"I didn't have money for advertising. All I had was my name and my reputation-and I worked hard to maintain both. I tried to listen to the customer and guide each individual through the pool construction process, from the design to the startup and all the construction in between. This way of doing business became the foundation for the company and has led to an excellent referral base-which I am proud to say we enjoy to this day."- John Clarkson, President and Founder of PBJC